Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What Is The Best Price For Sony BDV-T79 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-ray Wi-Fi Wireless Home Theater System

Sony BDV-T79 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-ray Wi-Fi Wireless Home Theater System

Code : B008NGL5HU
Category :
Rating :
SPECIAL PRICE
* Special discount only for limited time

Product Details

• Amazon Sales Rank: #42882 in Home Theater
  • Color: BLACK
  • Brand: Sony
  • Model: BDV-T79/M
  • Networking: Wireless

Features

• Built-in Wi-Fi to stream movies, music, and more
  • 1000W(167W x 5 + 165W)5.1ch 3D Blu-ray Disc Theater System
  • Upscale standard DVDs to near HD quality
  • Dual-HDMI inputs; HDMI output; iPhone/iPod dock; USB
  • Media Remote app for iPad/iPhone & Android devices

Product Description

Full HD even in 3D. Integrated. Powerful.
Revel in a home theater system that provides Full HD 1080p8 Blu-ray Disc movies and vibrant 5.1 channel HD surround sound1, and 1000 Watts (167W x 5 + 165W) HD surround sound make your living room come to life.

Life, easily shared.
Bring your favorite videos, photos and music to the big screen with the easy-access USB input and iPod/iPhone dock.

Everything you look at will look better.
Watch Blu-ray 3D 1movies and standard Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p or upscale standard DVDs to near HD quality. You can even upconvert 2D to 3D.

Multi-room music with Party Streaming Mode
Wirelessly stream music throughout the home to Sony Wireless Network speakers.

Remote control by tablet or smartphone.
The free Media RemoteTM app provides a full Qwerty keyboard and movie information search capabilities on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phone or Sony Tablet.

Sound you can feel.
DolbyTrueHD and dts-HD modes reproduce high-definition sound with 5.1 channels of discrete audio for uncompromised quality.

Socialize while you watch TV.
Share what you're watching on Facebook and Twitter with a Socialize message.

Learn more about your movies.
Get detailed movie information and search across internet apps, including YouTube and Video Unlimited for related entertainment with Gracenote.

The new look of the Sony Entertainment Network.
It's now easier than ever to instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more.

Throw your music and photos.
Photos and music from your Sony Tablet or other compatible AndroidTM device can be "thrown" directly to your Blu-ray Disc player for enjoyment on your TV.

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

28 of 30 people found the following review helpful.
4Wireless speakers are not quite as wireless as I'd hoped
By Vicki Bentley
My husband did the setup and we had some issues, but they are likely related to a problem with our hdmi hookups (I am so un-techie). Otherwise, hookup seemed to go well.We thought the rear speakers were wireless in that they would simply be positioned separately around the room, with zero speaker wires. In actuality, the rear speakers and amp are separate from the front speakers (so you don't have wires stringing from the front of the room to the back) and they "connect" via a transmitter. However, the two rear speakers are still connected via speaker wire to the rear amp, so I still have black wires hanging through my bedroom.Again, this is still better than having them ALL over, but for the money, I expected stand-alone wireless.The sound is excellent and the picture quality is amazing. I deducted one star for the fact that the ad at our local Costco says the rear speakers are wireless so you can place them wherever you want, when in fact, they are still connected to the amp by wires.

12 of 13 people found the following review helpful.
4Terrific theater sound experience
By pasteve
I purchased this Sony BDV-T79 as an open box sale on eBay 2 weeks ago after a couple months of extensive research with both Samsung and Panasonic's competing systems priced in the mid to higher ranges of $300-500 as you usually get what you pay for. This is my first BLURAY player as it replaced an older Panasonic DVD player I'd purchased 3 years ago. The Sony BDV-T79 was on display at my local Costco but had very few reviews as this model was just released in the US a few months ago. I decided to bid for the open box unit after reading several positive reviews on a UK website as it must have been released at an earlier date in Europe. I ended up saving close to $175 off the closest sale price for a new system I'd seen at Costco. Yes, it did have a few cosmetic scratches but set up was easy, including connecting to my wireless Netgear router. The included APS, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and others were a snap to set up and after a few minutes I was able to get around using the remote control as a browser controller. However, I wouldn't recommend using it much as it's much slower and less responsive than your regular PC or IPAD! Sony has a decent product support site if you encounter any issues during setup. I might mention that the subwoofer is massive and produces awesome bass! The few BLURAY DVD's I've seen so far played flawlessly on my 4 year old Samsung 52" flat screen LCD television and produced a realistic THX like theater experience along with great picture quality. I don't have 3D so I can't comment on that feature.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
5Recently Purchased
By Shaun
I'm usually an Amazon shopper, but found this item at my local Costco on sale this month for $375.00. I had a small bit of reserve after reading the reviews here, but am pretty satisfied. I'm not an audiophile when it comes to home theater systems, so wasn't looking to spend and arm and a leg to probably be the only one to notice a difference between this system and one that cost twice as much. I'm the average TV watcher that wanted something more than the built in speakers on my TV. I was very satisfied with this purchase. Installation was extremely simple. One thing that needs clarification is that there is a main receiver/DVD player which has wires to hook your front 2 speakers, center channel speaker, and bass sub. Per the installation manual, all of these components are to be placed adjacent to the TV screen. This wasn't a big deal. The sub goes next to the TV stand, the center speaker goes on the TV stand, and the 2 front speakers go on either side of the TV. There is a separate wireless amp the is for the 2 rear speakers. They connect to it via wires. This wasn't a big deal either. I plugged the amp into the AC outlet, tossed it under the couch, and mounted my 2 rear speakers on the wall above the sides of my couch. There's no wiring running across the floors. Sound quality is great. I'm impressed. Very clear with no problems. The Ipod docking station is very convenient too. It charges your iPod and allows you to completely interface it through the reciever's remote control. The reciever's LED screen sits on top of the reciever, not directly in front like traditional ones. But it's not hard to see at all. The way the receiver's LED screen sits is at an incline, like a little ramp, so you can still see it when sitting down on the couch. I'm very pleased with it and would recommend it to a friend.

See all 7 customer reviews...

Sony BDV-T79 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-ray Wi-Fi Wireless Home Theater System. Reviewed by Jake B. Rating: 4.0

This Page is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More